Hickory Nut Gorge Outreachserving needs with love and compassion
Serving families extending into four counties (serving some but not all of Rutherford, Polk, Buncombe and Henderson counties), our mission is to help eliminate hunger and provide emergency services with love and compassion to those in need. All programs and activities are solely supported by our volunteers and generous donors.
weekend backpacks received during school year
families served each month
families received financial assistance
residents served each month
families fed for Thanksgiving
families fed for Christmas
children received Christmas gifts
Ways to Help
Adopt a Food for Kids recipient, fill a holiday H.O.P.E. bag, select a recipient from The Angel Tree, help fill our pantry or provide a monetary donation.
Volunteers are the backbone of our Outreach. Help staff the Food Pantry or the Food for Kids Program to make a real difference in our community.
- May 27-29, 2017: Spring Arts & Crafts Festival
- July 17 – August 7, 2017: School Supplies Drive
- October 21-22, 2017: Fall Arts & Crafts Festival
- October 24, 2017: H.O.P.E. bags available to churches and community members for pickup at HNGO for community members and churches to fill
- November 6, 2017: Angel Tree Start Date
- November 10, 2017: Final day for H.O.P.E bags to be returned to HNGO office
- November 20, 2017: Distribution of Thanksgiving Meals
- December 1, 2017: Final day for Angel Tree gifts/donations to be delivered by donors to HNGO
- December 7-18, 2017: Angel Tree Gifts Pick Up
- December 19, 2017 – January 2, 2018: Outreach Office Closed